Birthday and Asian heritages day combination
This is Vietnamese's leaf hat


March 30rd is my birthday , but now it was over. At that time I had no intention to hold a party because the Asian heritages day and my birthday coincided. Asian heritages day took place in Marilac hall which is consist of all Asian communities in St.Johns and some outside . There was many interesting performances and events such as break-dances, step-dances, folk dancing and dinner. Each organization has to show at least one performance to introduce their own country's cultural. Vietnamese cultural organization (V.C.O) contributed a traditional dancing to the party. We have a group of 5 girls to perform, all of us are St. John's students( just 4 people in the pictures above because one girl had just gone away). We was in traditional dresses called "Ao dai" and hold the leaf hats called "Non la" or straw hats; then we shown our performance. There was a lot of funny events and hot atmosphere. This is my first time I live far from family and my birthday was not celebrated but I was feeling fine. Anyway, Asian heritages day's party is a big one with too much people that made me feel happy. Maybe that party was hold for me ..haha.... (I comforted myself ^.^ )

1 Comments:
Happy belated birthday! What a fun way to celebrate! You all look so beautiful and happy in the photos.
Gail
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home