Thursday, February 1, 2007

Everything goes well ^.^


Hi everybody,

My name is Cao Thanh Hang, you can call me Hang Cao or Hang. I am from Vietnam, a beautiful tropical country. I was born on March 30th, 1988 in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. I arrived in New York on January 12th. New York is the biggest city I have ever seen before; it might be the biggest city in the world.

There are three people in my family, my parents and I. This is the first time I live far from the family; everything was strange to me at first. In Vietnam, I had learned English by native English teacher; so, it has a lots of differences between speak English with an American accent and English accent, especially pronunciations. Two weeks ago, when I just come here it is too difficult for me to understand what American said; I mostly did not hear well. I remember when I came to meet my advisor, she suggested me to study music, at that time a thought struck me that is a training music class which is learns about how to play some instruments or sing a song. Oh my God, this class was not easy as I thought, they taught history of music which is learn about the process of the music development from pass to present. The teacher not only spoke as fast as a rocket but also used many difficult new words that I have ever learned before. I could not catch up with the other native students, I was so upset and I decided to drop that class immediately. Now I only study four classes, two of the ESL classes and the other two classes.

I love pets so much, especially cat. In Vietnam, I had a lovely white cat with blue eyes and cute pink nose; I have to leave her at home to study abroad. About my hobbies, I like swimming very much but there is no swimming pool in the university. Besides, I often listen to pop and classical music in my free time.

My house is near the university. I am living with the other Vietnamese friends who are very friendly and humorous. Their help really made it easier for me to get acquainted with the new environment and less homesick.
I hope I could adapt myself to the new life-style as soon as possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

Hi Hang!
Great post and nice blog site. I like the colors, they make the page is easy to read and very eye-catching.

How are you enjoying the four classes that you are taking? It must be such a challenge, (especially at first), to get accustomed to the accents, speed, and the different dialect of American English. It takes time and exposure, so immerse yourself in the culture as much as you can. You will see how quickly that your ear gets used to hearing the English around you. I'll wager that you already have seen a big improvement; am I correct?

I have travelled to many places in Asia, but I have never had the pleasure to visit Vietnam. I'd love to vist some day.

February 4, 2007 at 5:14 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Hang Cao..

Hi!! You are very far behind. Please remember that this blog takes the place of a written journal. If you do not write a total of 6 postings by next class, (March 13) I will have to take your blog off the class list and you will have to write 15 paragraphs and hand it in to Dr. Peirson.
The choice is yours.
Gail

March 9, 2007 at 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home